2023 Annual General Meeting
This is the official notice of the 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Tourism Industry Aotearoa Inc. (TIA).
The AGM is required for the following purposes:
Alteration to constitution
- Consider and if thought fit approve an alteration to TIA’s existing constitution as follows:
Add new clause 26: Fair Pay Agreements Act
For the purposes of the Fair Pay Agreements Act 2022, the Association may represent the collective interests of covered employers for the purposes of:
(a) bargaining for any proposed agreement or any proposed variation; and
(b) any fair pay agreement.
- The proposed alteration is for the purposes of TIA applying to become a bargaining party under the Fair Pay Agreements Act 2022. While TIA does not consider that this alteration is necessary to empower TIA to so act, TIA is proposing altering its constitution if required by MBIE for the purposes of MBIE approving TIA’s application. This resolution will be deemed withdrawn and will not be voted on at the AGM if MBIE approves TIA to act as a bargaining party for the purposes of the Fair Pay Agreements Act 2022 prior to the date of the meeting.
- The text of the resolution to be voted is: “That Tourism Industry Aotearoa Inc. hereby alters its constitution by including a new clause 26 which text reads as follows:
‘For the purposes of the Fair Pay Agreements Act 2022, the Association may represent the collective interests of covered employers for the purposes of:
bargaining for any proposed agreement or any proposed variation; and
any fair pay agreement.’,
with effect from the date the Registrar of Incorporated Societies registers this alteration.”
- Confirm the minutes of the 2022 Annual General Meeting.
- Receive and adopt the Annual Report and Financial Accounts for 2022/23.
- Appoint an auditor for the coming year.
- Consider general business items.
The AGM will be held:
Date: Monday 2 October 2023
Location: Te Puia - Pätaka Kai Restaurant, 20 Hemo Road, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua