Being in business is challenging.
Become a TIA member and know you always have someone to support your business and be in your corner when it matters.
TIA membership gives you real influence in your industry, as well as access to advice and support, great savings, connections and credibility.
TIA is deeply involved in discussions on recovery and what the future of tourism in New Zealand will look like. Our role as the peak industry body is going to be more important than ever in the months ahead.
Our strength as the voice of the tourism industry comes from the collective support of our membership.
Why become a TIA member?
Directly support, contribute to and influence TIA’s work
- the opportunity to directly support, contribute to and influence TIA’s work and the future of your industry, including input into TIA submissions, survey feedback, or becoming a working group or forum member
- gain connections and influence with the key decision makers
- support vigorous representation of the tourism industry at all levels of government, at meetings, in submissions and through the media
- be part of a collective voice that speaks on behalf of the industry and champions the industry’s aspirations
Network and align with other members
- the ability to network and align with other members
- benefit from our wide networks – we can connect you with the people and organisations who will help you achieve your business goals
Become a supporter of the Tourism Sustainability Commitment
- become a supporter of the Tourism Sustainability Commitment - included in your TIA membership
- make measurable progress towards sustainability goals
- embed sustainability into business systems, processes and plans
Attend key national and local industry events
- preferential rates to attend a range of valuable member and industry events, including TRENZ and Tourism Summit Aotearoa
- be first to hear about upcoming member and industry events
- access exclusive recordings of previous event presentations and webinars
Support, resources and insight
Access timely information to help your business succeed
- free and relevant insight and information to help your business succeed
- access to templates to help you do business well
- access to practical advice and support from the TIA team and through 0800 TIA HELP
- regular updates on tourism news and issues, advice on dealing with the media and assistance with crisis management
Secure preferential rates for events plus access to great savings and services
- Preferential rates to attend a range of valuable member and industry events, including TRENZ and Tourism Summit Aotearoa
- Great rates from TIA’s accommodation partners including Accor, IHG, Rydges and Sudima Hotels
- 20% off all available fares on Bluebridge Cook Strait Ferries, discounted rates with The Great Journeys of New Zealand (including the Interislander) and great discounts with our other transport partners
- Highly discounted rates to access EAP Services (Employee Assistance Programme including counselling)
- Let Toitū Envirocare help you effectively manage and reduce your environmental and climate impacts with certifications and tools that meet and exceed the requirements of ISO standards, ensuring comprehensive reporting, credible sustainability claims and improved internal engagement and capability. TIA members receive 50% discount on the joining fee
- Whether you’re looking for the latest in technology and appliances from Noel Leeming, office stationery and cleaning supplies from OfficeMax or outdoor adventure supplies at Torpedo7, our commercial partners have special rates and discounts for TIA members
- Extra services from TIA Strategic Partners – Marsh, ServiceIQ and Westpac.
Provide assurance that you adhere to a code of ethics
- a member listing on the TIA and TSC websites and other collateral, providing assurance to your customers that you are an operator who adheres to a code of ethics
- permission to use the TIA and TSC member logos